Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Question about wire storage cubes....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    We have been comtemplating getting some of these for DD's dolls and would want to hang them up like shelving, but I have a question.

    Is it possible to configure them so that the storage areas are double size? In other words, instead of say a 12" x 12" cube, can you make them a 24" x 12" OR a 24" x 24"???

    A friend told me that she thought you could, but the packaging doesn't say. I just thought it'd be much nicer that way because two dolls could easily sit side by side that way.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the Target ones too and I think that would work. However, without the normal support to make the cube, I don't think it will be sturdy enough to hold much on top.

  3. #3
    emer222
    Guest emer222's Avatar

    Post

    I deleted my response because I realized that I misunderstood the question (even though it's perfectly clear). For some reason, I thought you were asking about assembling the cubes in different ways to make the unit different.

    I agree that it wouldn't be sturdy enough if you made 24" x 24" cubes.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the ones from Target, too, and yes, you can assemble them any which way you'd like. I have two 24x24 units right on top of each other. You'd be surprised how much weight they can hold! I have about four pairs of shoes and about 40 old VHS tapes inside and on top.

    Erin

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 23, 2006 08:06 PM: Message edited by: sparklyyy ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much! Ya'll have answered my question perfectly! Now I think I'll go get some!

    BTW: My DH said that to add support I could just use some small cheap wire tie wraps from Lowes' and cut off the ends. (you know the things we usually HATE when the AG hospital uses them to attach doll heads!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •